Here at Oral Design Beverly Hills, our entire team is dedicated to provide the best experience to all our patients.
We follow a low volume and high quality practice philosophy, where we can spend undivided time with all our patients and provide the highest quality of diagnosis and dental treatment possible.
M E E T T H E D O C T O R
M E H R D A D R A Z A G H Y
Doctor of Dental Surgery
Dr. Razaghy’s extensive background in research began in 2014 when he spent a full year focusing on multiple projects in the field of neurosurgery. He was part of six major publications at David Geffen School of Medicine of UCLA with a focus on spinal cord diagnostics and motor dexterity. His passion for creation and research carried through his path in dentistry and allowed him to be involved in various research projects. His journey in dental research began by joining Dr. Pascal Magne’s research laboratory at Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC. Since then, alongside teaching, he has been part of multiple research and clinical projects under close mentorship of Dr. Pascal Magne. Together with his mentor, Dr. Razaghy has contributed to various books, journals, and publications in the world of restorative and biomimetic dentistry.
Dr. Razaghy has been part of publications in the esteemed Journal of Dental Materials and International Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and currently practices general and restorative dentistry in Los Angeles, besides mentorship of a few selected students. He is an active lecturer in the U.S. and currently teaches multiple continuing education modules in the fields of dental photography, additive dentistry, digital smile design, rubber dam isolation, and bonded porcelain ceramic restorations.
P U B L I C A T I O N S
1) “Optimization of large MOD restorations: Composite resin inlays vs. short fiber-reinforced direct restorations” 2018 - Dental Materials.
2) “Luting of inlays, onlays, and overlays with preheated restorative composite resin does not prevent seating accuracy” 2018 - The international journal of esthetic dentistry.
3) “Approche moderne des larges restaurations composites MOD dans les secteurs postérieurs ”
2018 - Réalités Cliniques.
4) “Minimizing interlayer gaps in class 2 nanohybrid composite resin restorations” In review – Dental Materials.
5) “Effect of large adhesive layer thicknesses on the microtensile bond strength of a 3-step total-etch-and-rinse filled light-polymerized dentin bonding agent” In review – Journal of Dentistry.
6) “Accelerated fatigue resistance of CAD/CAM composite resin and lithium disilicate bonded-screw-retained incisor crowns with long and short titanium bases” In review - Clincal Oral Implant Research
7) “A Prediction Model for Functional Outcomes in Spinal Cord Disorder Patients using Gaussian Process Regression“ 2014 - IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
8) "Objective Assessment of Overexcited Hand Movements using a Lightweight Sensory Device"
2013 - IEEE Body Sensor Network Conference.
9) "Objective Assessment of Spastic Hand Hypertonia using a Novel Digital Device“
2013 - The 20th IAGG World Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Seoul, Korea.
10) “Use of multivariate linear regression and support vector regression to predict functional outcome after surgery for cervical spondylotic myelopathy” 2015 - Journal of Clinical Neuroscience.
11) “Utilization of a novel digital measurement tool for quantitative assessment of upper extremity motor dexterity: A controlled pilot study” 2014 - Journal of neuroengineering and rehabilitation.
12) “Quantitative assessment of hand motor function in cervical spinal disorder patients using target tracking tests” 2016 - Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development .
13) “Comparing the detection of HIV antigen P24 by human and mouse monoclonal antibodies”
2010 - International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
M E H R D A D R A Z A G H Y D D S
C L I N I C A L & R E S E A R C H M E N T O R
P A S C A L M A G N E
Professor & Mentor
Dr. Pascal Magne is an Associate Professor with Tenure and the Don and Sybil Harrington Foundation Professor of Esthetic Dentistry in the Division of Restorative Sciences, University of Southern California, Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Los Angeles, CA.
Dr. Magne graduated from the University of Geneva School of Dental Medicine, Switzerland, in 1989 with a Med. Dent. He obtained his Doctorate in 1992 and his Ph.D. degree in 2002. He received postgraduate training in fixed prosthodontics and occlusion, operative dentistry and endodontics at the University of Geneva School of Dental Medicine, and was a lecturer at the same university beginning in 1989 until 1997. From 1997-1999, he was a Visiting Associate Professor at the Minnesota Dental Research Center for Biomaterials and Biomechanics, University of Minnesota, School of Dentistry. After concluding two years of research, Dr. Magne returned to University of Geneva School of Dental Medicine and assumed the position of Senior Lecturer in the Division of Fixed Prosthodontics and Occlusion until his departure for USC in February 2004.
Dr. Magne is a recipient of multiple awards from the Swiss Science Foundation, the Swiss Foundation for Medical-Biological Grants, the recipient of the 2002 Young Investigator Award from the International Association for Dental Research and 2007 and 2009 Judson C. Hickey Scientific Writing Award from the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.
He is also the author of over 200 clinical and research publications on esthetics and adhesive dentistry and is an internationally known lecturer on these topics. Furthermore, Dr. Magne authored the book “Bonded Porcelain Restorations in the Anterior Dentition – A Biomimetic Approach” which has been translated into twelve languages and is considered as one of the most outstanding books in the field of adhesive and esthetic dentistry.
Dr. Magne is recognized as one of the most outstanding prosthodontist in the world.
Dr. Magne has been a mentor to Dr. Razaghy since 2015, beginning with various dental research projects at Herman Ostrow School of dentistry, USC. Since then, Dr. Raz has been highlighted as one of the most active research member of the graduated program along with receiving multiple research and publication awards for extensive projects done at Dr. Magne's research laboratory.
DENTAL PUBLICATIONS BY DR. MEHRDAD RAZ DDS